Saturday 22 March 2008

why then what ...

Standout Verse – Luke 4:41
The demons came out at his command, shouting, “You are the Son of God!” But because they knew he was the Messiah, he rebuked them and refused to let them speak.

There have been many different suggestions I have come across (and possibly a few that I have formulated myself, though I doubt their ultimate originality) which try to explain why Jesus would have silenced the demons, but these two are making good food for thought:
· Jesus wanted his listeners to believe that he was the Messiah because of his words not because of the demon’s words.
· The demons called Jesus “Son of God“ because they knew who he really was. But Jesus intended to first show himself to be the suffering servant, as until they believed His sacrifice they wouldn’t understand his kingship and Deity.

Why do we believe in Jesus, and what do we understand.

Lord, open my eyes and open my ears that I may know Jesus as He wants to be known.

Additional verse of note – Proverbs 11:22
A beautiful woman who lacks discretion is like a gold ring in a pig’s snout.

Haha! Captured in a nutshell.

No comments: