Saturday 3 May 2008

when ... then

When you're dull from all that glitters - when your thoughts have a hollow ring
When you can't escape from the feeling - you're getting it wrong
All your foolproof plans seem foolish - all your status is status quo
All you really need to know is where you belong.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus - Look full in his wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
in the light of his glory and grace.


I was used to the cold for so long - that I couldn't feel anything
And I shivered and stared - like a begger that won't lift his hands
I was numb until he touched me - I was deaf until he heard
I was senseless 'til I met the one who understands.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus - Look full in his wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
in the light of his glory and grace.



A beautiful song by Newsboys. It has been special to me for a long time, and it is so true.

Lord, turn my eyes upon you.

No comments: