Wednesday 9 January 2008

Ouch ... and Thank You

STANDOUT PASSAGE – MATTHEW 6:25-33
[Do not] worry about everyday life … Why do you have so little faith? … Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.


Bang!
There it is, and that told me.

Notes from the NLT Life Application Study Bible (Mt 6:24):
Either we store our treasures with God, focus our “eyes” on him, and serve him alone – or else we do not serve him at all. Where does your ultimate allegiance lie?
And again!

STANDOUT PASSAGE – MATTHEW 7:1-5
… How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! …

Starting to feel a bit bruised now. Perhaps that’s a good thing.

Notes from the NLT Life Application Study Bible (Gen 19:26):

You can’t make progress with God as long as you are holding onto pieces of your old life. Jesus sad it this way in Matthew 6:24: “No one can serve two masters.”
I get the point, but don’t feel so bruised, for this offers hope that progress is possible.

STANDOUT PASSAGE – PSALM 8
.. What are what are people that you should think about them, mere mortals that you should care for them? Yet … you crowned them with glory and honour …

That’s me that is!

Lord, I do have so little faith but I praise you that “Though you wound, you also bandage. You strike, but your hands also heal.” Give me faith for today. When I am being faithless continue to tell me. But then bandage the wound, heal, and give me faith.

No comments: